Simply ‘berrylicious’ and healthy sweet treat and a quick breakfast which can be made with just 5 ingredients. Coconut Chia seed pudding layered with blueberry yogurt and topped with fresh berry sauce.
Check my previous post to see another variation of the Chia pudding or click this link to get the full recipe, Vanilla Almond Chia Pudding.
—-Coconut Berry Trifle- Chia seed Pudding
Yield: 2-3 servings
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Chia seeds-1/2 cup
- Coconut milk(sweetened/unsweetened)- 1 cup
- Pure Organic honey- 1 tbsp.
- Greek yogurt/Vanilla yogurt- 1/4 cup
- Fresh Blueberries and blackberries- 1 cup each
- In a glass bowl, mix the vanilla, honey and coconut milk until well combined.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well using a spoon and refrigerate the mixture in a mason jar or air-tight container.
- Allow the chia seeds to soak in the milk overnight or for at least 5 hours to swell up and increase in volume.
- Meanwhile blend half of the blueberries with the yogurt and set aside.
- Blend rest of the berries and honey separately to get a purple syrup like consistency. (you dont have to boil like you make traditional berry sauce)
- Once the chia pudding is set and has a gel like consistency, pour into your desired glass jars, layer with blueberry yogurt and the berry syrup.
- Top with some fresh/ frozen berries and enjoy cold!