This is one of my favorite summer recipe. Moist and tangy loaf cake filled with fresh blueberries and topped with a delicious lemon glaze.
I have used some fresh meyer lemons for this recipe as it gives a subtle tang and sweetness unlike normal lemons.But you can use any kind of lemons available.This is a quick and easy recipe and great to have for breakfast.Using yogurt in the batter gives it that extra moistness. This cake will stay fresh for more than a week, if stored in an airtight container or refrigerated.
—-BLUEBERRY LEMON LOAF—
Course: Dessert/ Breakfast
Yield: 6-7 servings
Cooking time: 30- 45 minutes
- Fresh squeezed Lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
- King Arthur Gluten-free all purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
- Fine/Cane sugar- 1 cup
- Eggs– 2
- Milk- 3 tbsp.
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Fresh/frozen blueberries-1 1/2 cups
- Unsalted Butter(room temperature)- 1 stick / 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Greek yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest- 2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Prepare a loaf pan by spraying baking spray or lining using parchment paper.
- Sieve together the dry ingredients-flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar along with vanilla extract until its pale and add the eggs, mixing one at a time until the mixture is fluffy.
- Now add the lemon juice, and zest and combine well.
- Add half of the sifted dry ingredients along with the yogurt and mix well.
- Now alternate between milk and rest of the dry ingredients, until the batter is well combined and creamy.
- Add the blueberries into the cake batter and mix gently using a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. During the last 15 minutes of baking, cover the loaf with a foil sheet to prevent browning of cake top.
- Cool the cake in the tin on a wire rack for about half an hour or so.
- Lemon glaze– Mix 2 tbsp. of lemon juice and 1 cup powdered sugar and pour over the cooled cake loaf. Allow the glaze to set for atleast 15 minutes before serving.