Moist and delicious chocolate banana bread loaf loaded with dark chocolate chunks and topped with chocolate glaze. Another easy recipe to use those over ripe bananas! Absolutely Gluten free!!
Chocolate and Banana is an ultimate pair that you will sure ‘Go Bananas’ for.😍
I have used King Arthur Gluten free flour for the recipe here.I feel it gives a good baking perfection to the cake.
Baking time- 45 min
- Gluten free All purpose flour-1 cup
- Brown sugar-3/4 cup (or divide between granulated sugar and brown sugar)
- 3 over ripe bananas mashed
- 60% Dark Chocolate chopped-1/2 cup
- Hersheys special dark Cocoa-1/4 cup
- Greek yogurt-3 tbsp.
- Unsalted Butter-1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil-1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda-1 tsp
- ———‘For Chocolate Glaze——–
- Cocoa powder-3 tbsp.
- Icing sugar-3 tbsp.
- Heavy cream-2 tbsp or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease and line a 9×5 loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans.
- To prepare the banana bread-In a small bowl whisk together the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mash the bananas well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or hand mixer cream together the butter, sugar, oil along with egg adding one at a time. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Now add the mashed bananas,yogurt and vanilla into the mixture.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet batter and combine well. Do not overmix as it might result in tough bread.
- Gently fold the chocolate chunks into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for about 35 – 45 mins or until the center of the loaf rises and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After 30 minutes of baking, you can cover the loaf pan with a foil sheet to prevent browning of the cake top.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes before frosting.
- To prepare the Chocolate glaze– mix 3 tbsp. cocoa powder, icing sugar and 2 tbsp heavy cream to a smooth pouring consistency.
- Pour over the cooled banana bread and let it set for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- Variation# Add chopped walnuts instead of chocolate chips/chunks.