Best way to use up those over ripe bananas resting on your Kitchen counter.
Moist and healthy bread loaf. Gluten-free and Instant pot-friendly recipe!!👍😊
—-BANANA ALMOND BREAD LOAF
Yield: 10-12 servings
Cooking time: 35 mins -1 hour
- King Arthur Gluten free All purpose flour-1 1/2 cup
- Almond flour/meal- 1/2 cup
- Over ripe Bananas-3
- Eggs(room temp)-2
- Medium Brown sugar- 1 cup
- Salt- 1-2 Tsp
- Buttermilk- 1/2 cup
- Baking soda-1 tsp
- Melted butter/veg oil-8 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1-2 tsp
- Nutmeg powder- 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Sliced Almonds-1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare 1 or 2 medium loaf pans.
- If using Instant Pot Mini, use small loaf pan or desired baking tin.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, until creamy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients-flours, spices, baking soda and baking powder and keep aside.
- In another large bowl, cream together butter and sugar along with eggs one at a time.
- Now mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and buttermilk. Gently fold until well combined.
- Do not over mix, it can result in tough bread.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans and sprinkle some sliced walnuts or almonds.
- If you are making in Instant Pot, pour 1 cup water into the inner pot and place a trivet. Foil wrap your loaf tin containing batter and use foil sling to lower on top of the trivet.
- Bake for 1 hour in oven/if using IP, ‘pressure cook’ mode for 35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Instant Pot-Any time you want to check the doneness during cooking, use Quick Release option by turning the steam handle to venting position and open the lid.
- Take the bread out of the oven and cool for about 10 mins before slicing.
- Tip# If you do not have Almond meal, just replace with the same qty of All purpose flour(maida)
- Tip# You can also add chocolate chips to the batter to get a Banana chocolate chip loaf.