Classic Italian dessert made with Gluten free ladyfinger cookies dipped in coffee and layered with whipped mixture of egg yolks, sugar, mascarpone cheese with a touch of coffee liquor, dusted with cocoa powder and chocolate shavings.
It is an all time Coffee Lover’s Dessert and one of my favorites too! An easy ‘no bake’ dessert which is always a crowd pleaser for potlucks and parties. There are different variations for Classic Tiramisu. Liquor is optional but using Rum or any coffee flavored liquor gives that light booze to this coffee dessert. I have used Kahlua here in this recipe but you can use any liquor of your choice like Marsala wine, Brandy or Rum.
Always make sure you use Mascarpone cheese and not any other kind for the authentic rich flavor and creaminess. Using other forms of cream cheese can alter the taste and might give grainy texture.
Click on the highlighted ingredients in the recipe below, to get the direct shopping link.
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes Chilling time: 8 hours or overnight
- Egg yolks- 4
- Granulated sugar-1 cup
- Instant Espresso powder-3 tbsp.
- Mascarpone Cheese-8 oz
- Heavy cream-2 cups
- Milk-2 tbsp.
- Coffee liquor/Rum- 2 tbsp.
- Gluten free Ladyfingers cookies-20-30 pieces
- Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
- Cocoa powder-for dusting
- Chocolate shavings(optional)
- First, in a deep dish prepare brewed coffee with the espresso powder, 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 cups boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Once the espresso mixture is cooled, mix in the liquor and combine well.
- Meanwhile ,place a mixing bowl of egg yolks, milk and sugar on top of a simmering pot of water and keep whisking the yolks until they start to double in volume and turn pale. Now add the condensed milk and splash of vanilla into this mixture and keep whisking for another 3 minutes to get a pale and fluffy mixture.
- Once done, cool the egg yolk mixture for 10 mins and fold in the mascarpone cheese. Mix well until the mixture turns light and fluffy. Set this aside!
- Whip the heavy cream in another bowl to stiff peak consistency and using a spatula fold this gently into the egg yolk mascarpone cream until well combined.
- Now dip each ladyfinger cookie in the cooled espresso liquor and place on the serving glass dish creating a bottom layer.
- Layer a generous dollop of mascarpone cream mixture on top of it and spread evenly.
- Repeat the process with rest of the ladyfinger cookies, alternating with mascarpone cream mixture.
- Finish off with a top layer of mascarpone cream.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or clingwrap on the top and refrigerate the Tiramisu for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Make one day ahead of serving for better results.
- Before serving dust the Tiramisu with cocoa powder. Slice and serve.
- Tiramisu can be refrigerated and used for up to 5 days or stays in freezer for longer time.
- Any remaining mascarpone cream and ladyfingers can be used to make mini individual servings.
2 Comments Add yours
wonderful site with delicious recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much😊
LikeLiked by 1 person