A simple yet delicious pound cake loaf with fresh raspberry, chocolate and vanilla swirls and topped with mini chocolate chips. You get a hint of every flavor in each bite making this a ‘Perfect Summer snack or breakfast’!
It is a very easy Gluten free recipe and uses simple ingredients. The yogurt in the recipe keep the cake moist.
To keep it a light sweet treat, I didn’t use any icing or frosting on this cake but you are free to try a cheese frosting or sugar glaze or any of your favorite topping on this cake.
—-CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MARBLE LOAF—
Yield: 6-7 servings
Cooking time: 30- 45 minutes
- King Arthur Gluten-free all purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
- Granulated sugar- 1 1/4 cups
- Unsalted Butter(room temperature)- 1 stick / 1/2 cup
- Fresh/frozen Raspberries-1 cup
- Fresh squeezed Lemon juice- 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder-1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips-3/4 cup
- Eggs,room temperature– 3
- Milk- 1 tbsp.
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Greek yogurt- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 5″ loaf pan using baking spray or parchment paper. You can also use 2-3 small loaf pans for this recipe.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- To prepare Raspberry puree-In a blender, process the raspberries, lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar to a fine puree. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh and keep aside in a bowl covered.
- To prepare the Cake Batter– Cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixture until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time and incorporate well into the cream.
- Add the vanilla extract and half of the yogurt and mix well.
- Now add half of the flour mixture and keep mixing.
- Alternate the flour and yogurt into the cake batter while mixing until everything comes together into a smooth consistency.
- Now transfer some of the batter into 2 separate small bowls, reserving some batter in the same mixing bowl.
- Into one of the small bowl, mix in the raspberry puree and combine well to get a pink color batter.
- Mix 1 cup milk and cocoa powder to a paste and add into the 2nd bowl to get the chocolate cake batter.
- Now you have 3 flavors of cake batter- Vanilla(original), Chocolate and Raspberry
- Add 1/4 th of each batter into the pan and swirl using a butter knife to create a marble pattern.
- Add rest of the batter in small batches and swirl in between. Do not over mix the batter!
- Tap the cake pan on the countertop to remove air bubbles and sprinkle some chocolate chips on the top of the cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 mins to 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. After 30 mins of baking, cover the loaf pan with a sheet of Aluminium foil to prevent browning of the cake top.
- Once the cake is done, cool on a wire rack for 15 to 20 mins and invert the cake pan onto a serving plate.
- Now is the time for frosting if you like to have one!
- Slice and serve along with some fresh raspberries.
- You can store the cake wrapped in foil or cling wrap in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week.