Easy ‘on the Go’ Breakfast wraps are one of my all-time favorites. They are so easy and delicious. One of my Rotisseri Chicken Hack!
My mom used to pack me and my sister these wraps during our school days as breakfast/ lunch. Eases the burden of carrying heavy LUNCHBOXES and fits easily into your pocket 😉 just take out and have without any mess.
Wraps have endless variations and you can play with the ingredients you have in your kitchen like glutenfree tortillas / Indian roti, ground meat, eggs, avocados, cooked chickpeas, potatoes, spinach etc.
This recipe uses eggs & leftover Rotisserie chicken(makes life much easier)
—-CHICKEN & EGG WRAP—-
Course: Main Course. Cuisine: American
Yield: 2 servings
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
- Indian Roti/glutenfree tortilla(large)-2
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken leftover meat- 2 cups
- Finely chopped Celery- 1/2 cup
- Eggs- 3
- Medium size Tomato chopped- 1
- Small Onion chopped-1
- Chopped green chilly-2(optional)
- Ginger garlic cube-1
- Chilly powder/Paprika- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1tsp
- All spice / Garam Masala- 1/4 tsp
- Butter-1 tbsp.
- In a large skillet or pan, melt some butter and oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the ginger garlic(minced or preserve). Sauté well or a minute.
- Add the chopped onions and tomatoes and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes or so till the onions are lightly brown.
- Now you can add all the spices and mix well.
- Throw the shredded chicken into the onion mixture and sauté until well combined.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl, whisk lightly and pour into one side of the same pan and soft scramble them.
- Now combine the eggs and the chicken mixture on low heat for about a minute and turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and transfer the filling into a closed container.
- Now on the same pan on medium heat, cook the tortillas.
- Smear a little bit of butter on both sides and flip the sides of tortillas until they are golden brown.
- Once the tortillas/roti are done, keep them on a foil sheet, spread some mayonnaise on the tortilla and add enough filling and roll them tightly.
- Wrap tightly with the foil and place them into a zip lock along with a paper towel and there you have your easy and absolutely delicious ON THE GO WRAPS!