Delicious creamy chicken salad with shredded chicken, finely chopped apples, celery, hardboiled eggs and pistachios for a twist. Best way to use that leftover rotisserie chicken in your refrigerator(Rotisserie Chicken Hack). Perfect as a side or a filling for your sandwich! Apples give a hint of sweetness to the salad and the nuts give a light crunch. You are gonna love this!
—SHREDDED CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH
Course: Main Course Cuisine: American
Yield: 5-6 servings
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken- 4 cups
- Finely chopped Celery- 1 cup
- Finely chopped Apple-1 cup
- Finely chopped Pistachios-3 tbsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Hardboiled eggs-3
- Light Mayonnaise-3/4 cup
- Vinegar-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1/2 tsp
- Greek yogurt-2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Mustard-1/2 tsp
- Finely chop the celery, apple and hard boiled eggs and squeeze some lemon juice over the chopped apples to prevent browning.
- Chop the pistachios and keep them aside
- Remove the flesh from the tomato and chop finely.
- In a large bowl mix the mayo, yogurt, vinegar, mustard , salt and pepper.
- Now add all the chopped ingredients and shredded chicken into the mayo mixture and combine well.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins or more and use cold.
- Sandwich the slices of your favorite bread with a generous amount of the cold chicken salad.
- TIP1# You can have your variation to this chicken salad by using cubed chicken pieces instead of shredded, chopped red grapes, chopped almonds etc.
- TIP2 # Make sure you serve the salad cold for the best taste.