Fresh and delicious summer recipe! Smooth Vanilla custard made from scratch, served with fresh cut fruits. You can use any fruits of your choice.
Course: Dessert Yield: 6 servings
Cooking time: 15mins
- Full fat milk- 2 cups
- Sugar- 3/4 cup
- Corn starch- 2 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract-2 tsp
- Egg yolks- 3
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Diced strawberries-2 cups
- Diced mangoes-2 cups
- Diced banana-2 cups
- Diced apples-2 cups
- To Prepare the Custard/Pudding-In a heavy bottom sauce pan, heat milk on medium low heat.
- Mean while in a small bowl whisk egg yolks, salt and sugar along with cornstarch to a pale creamy mixture.
- Add vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Now add some hot milk into the cream mixture and keep stirring. (Liasoning process)
- Transfer the mixture back to the milk and whisk on low medium heat until it drags the back of a wooden spoon(do not rush the process or boil)
- Strain the custard through a mesh into another bowl and cool in an ice water bath.
- Cover the custard with cling wrap in contact to prevent skin formation.
- Keep the custard refrigerated.
- Always add lemon juice to the mixed fruits to prevent browning and to keep them fresh.
- Serve the chopped fruits with custard and some chia seeds sprinkled on top.