Crispy tortilla cup filled with cheesy eggs and mushroom drizzled with siracha sauce. Easy and delicious recipe perfect for breakfast or snack and can be made in no time.
You can use any veggies or meat of your choice along with eggs in this recipe.
Preparation time:30 mins
- Medium size Flour/Gluten free Tortillas-5-6
- Mushrooms-1 cup
- Baby Spinach- 1 cup
- Eggs- 4
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
- Shredded Cheddar cheese- 1 cup
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt-as per taste
- Crushed Red pepper flakes(optional)- 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Cilantro-2 tbsp.
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- Muffin tray-1
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare the muffin tray(all muffin slots) with a cooking spray.
- In a non stick pan, heat some oil and sauté the mushrooms, spinach until the spinach leaves are wilted and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Now add the beaten eggs into the sautéed mixture and let it cook on medium low heat.
- Soft scramble the eggs along with the spinach and mushrooms. Add chopped Cilantro and remove the pan from heat.
- Transfer the egg mixture to a closed serving dish.
- Cut each tortilla into 1/4th slices and arrange the tortilla pieces in prepared muffin slots, with pointed ends facing down.
- Gently press the pieces together to stick together in such a way the rounded edges extend above the muffin cups. A flower like shape!
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese blend onto each tortilla cups and bake for about 10 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly golden with crisp edges.
- Now carefully take the muffin tray out and fill with the prepared egg mixture and sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Bake for another 3 minutes or so just to melt the cheese and egg mixture together.
- Make sure you check in between for doneness.
- Once done, let the muffin tray cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully take out each tortilla cups and place on a serving tray.
- Serve hot along with your favorite sauces.
- I have drizzled some Siracha on top of each Tortilla cups which is absolutely optional.
- You can try variations in the filling by using shredded chicken, sausages or tofu.