Gorgeous homemade orange and vanilla flavored pops are one of the easiest desserts to put together. I like to call them ‘SUNSHINE POPS’ coz of the bright orange color. This one bowl recipe uses simple ingredients and is a perfect dessert for the summer! Absolutely vegan too!
These popsicles consist of 3 layers- orange juice, orange cream and vanilla yogurt flavor. You can use any sort of popsicle molds or even plastic cups with icecream sticks to make these. I have used silicon popsicle molds for this recipe. For NON-VEGAN version, you can substitute coconut yogurt with full fat yogurt of whipped heavy cream.
- Orange juice concentrate- 1 cup
- Coconut yogurt-1 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Maple syrup/Honey- 4 tbsp.
- Organic Orange juice-1 cup
- In a large sauce pan, on medium heat, combine the sugar and orange juice concentrate until well combined and the sugar dissolves completely for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Now stir in 1 cup yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla extract into the orange concentrate mix and combine well to get a creamy smooth mixture.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 cup yogurt with 2 tbsp. maple syrup/honey ,1/2 tsp.vanilla extract and set aside.
- Fill 1/4 th of the popsicle molds with orange juice and freeze for about 10 minutes(do not freeze until set)
- Slowly fill the 2nd layer with orange cream mixture and freeze again for another 10 minutes.
- Fill the rest of the mold space with vanilla yogurt mixture and close the popsicle mold with the lid and insert the ice pop sticks.Freeze for about 5 hours or overnight until completely set and solid.
- Run the molds under water before demolding the popsicles and enjoy cold!
- Variations# You can make the popsicles with just one layer either the clear juice mix or creamy orange mixture. You can also use different fruit flavors.