Gorgeous homemade orange and vanilla flavored pops are one of the easiest desserts to put together. I like to call them ‘SUNSHINE POPS’ coz of the bright orange color. This one bowl recipe uses simple ingredients and is a perfect dessert for the summer! Absolutely vegan too!
These popsicles consist of 3 layers- orange juice, orange cream and vanilla yogurt flavor. You can use any sort of popsicle molds or even plastic cups with icecream sticks to make these. I have used silicon popsicle molds for this recipe. For NON-VEGAN version, you can substitute coconut yogurt with full fat yogurt of whipped heavy cream.
——–ORANGE CREAM POPSICLE———
- Orange juice concentrate- 1 cup
- Coconut yogurt-1 3/4 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Maple syrup/Honey- 4 tbsp.
- Organic Orange juice-1 cup
- In a large sauce pan, on medium heat, combine the sugar and orange juice concentrate until well combined and the sugar dissolves completely for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Now stir in 1 cup yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla extract into the orange concentrate mix and combine well to get a creamy smooth mixture.
- In a small bowl combine 3/4 cup yogurt with 2 tbsp. maple syrup/honey ,1/2 tsp.vanilla extract and set aside.
- Fill 1/4 th of the popsicle molds with orange juice and freeze for about 10 minutes(do not freeze until set)
- Slowly fill the 2nd layer with orange cream mixture and freeze again for another 10 minutes.
- Fill the rest of the mold space with vanilla yogurt mixture and close the popsicle mold with the lid and insert the ice pop sticks.Freeze for about 5 hours or overnight until completely set and solid.
- Run the molds under water before demolding the popsicles and enjoy cold!
- Variations# You can make the popsicles with just one layer either the clear juice mix or creamy orange mixture. You can also use different fruit flavors.
One Comment Add yours
sunshine pops truly !!