Classic Grilled sandwich made with golden toasted French Brioche, pan seared skinless chicken thigh and sautéed spinach onion mushroom trio, melted together with Swiss and Cheddar cheese slices. Tastes absolutely delicious and packed with flavors.
This is one of my ‘all time favorite’ grilled sandwich with lot of possibilities for variations. You can use your choice of bread and cheese for this recipe. Also try this recipe without chicken for an amazing Veggie Cheese Melt!
Course: Main course
Cooking time:15- 20 minutes
- Medium thick slices of French Brioche- 4
- Skinless Boneless Chicken thighs-2
- Lemon juice-1 tsp
- Ground Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder/Paprika- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Finely sliced Onion- 1/2 cup
- Fine sliced mushrooms- 1cup
- Baby spinach-1 cup
- Swiss Cheese-2
- Cheddar Cheese-4
- Butter- 1-2 tbsp.
- To prepare Pan seared Chicken– Marinate the chicken thighs in lemon juice, black pepper, chilly powder and salt for about 5 minutes. Heat a cast iron skillet/non-stick skillet on medium high and add a tbsp. of light olive oil and cook the chicken thighs until both sides turn golden for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the grilled chicken thighs to a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Sautéed Veggies– In the same skillet, add a tbsp. butter and sauté the onions, mushrooms and spinach with a dash of salt and pepper for about 5 minutes till the spinach leaves wilt and mushrooms are soft. You can also caramelize the onions separately if you want. Set aside the mixture once done.
- Built the Sandwich- Butter one side of bread slice and on the other side place a slice of Cheddar cheese, followed by a piece of grilled chicken thigh and swiss cheese. Add 2 tbsp. of sautéed veggie mixture and another slice of Cheddar cheese and top with the 2nd slice of bread(Always butter the outer sides of bread slices for even browning). Repeat the same for the 2nd sandwich.
- Now heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle, carefully place the sandwich with the buttered side down.Cover the pan with a glass lid for about 3 mins.Flip the sides until golden brown and cheese starts to melt together.
- Cut the sandwich in half diagonally and serve hot.