Poached egg resting on warm garlic flavored yogurt and chili butter sauce with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Simply egglicious recipe, perfect for breakfast or dinner.
One of the most satisfying comfort food.
Course: Breakfast/ Dinner
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Large Fridge cold Egg-1
- Salted Butter (I have used Irish butter)-1 tbsp.
- Flavorless oil-1 tbsp.
- Dry red chili flakes-1 tbsp.
- Greek Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Minced Garlic-1 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro- for garnish
- In a small pan, melt the butter on medium heat for about 3- 5 mins until it turns a hazelnut brown color (do not burn the butter) and add the oil and stir gently. Remove from the heat and add the chili flakes into the hot butter. Let is sit in the pan for a while
- Heat some water in a saucepan and when it comes to simmer, place a bowl of Greek yogurt, dash of salt and minced garlic and whisk gently to warm it up for about 3 minutes.
- Once the yogurt gets a whipped texture and get lightly warm, keep the bowl on the counter to rest.
- Crack the cold egg onto a small mesh strainer and let the watery liquid drip off and gently slide the egg into a small ramekin. Add a tbsp. fresh lemon juice on the egg.
- Now in the same hot water (we used for double boiling or warming the yogurt) on medium high, slowly tip the egg from the ramekin and turn the heat to low. Let the egg cook for about 4 mins until egg white turns white and the yolk remain runny inside.
- Transfer the egg gently using a slotted spoon, letting the excess water drip off and rest the spoon on a piece of paper towel.
- Now is a good time to keep the bread for toasting.
- In a shallow bowl, add some yogurt and carefully place the egg on top of the yogurt. Drizzle generous chili butter sauce on top of the egg and the yogurt and let it swirl around in the bowl.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and enjoy warm with some toast(multigrain/garlic bread/any favorite kind of bread)