Gluten free tortillas filled with soft boiled egg and chicken salad, cucumber slices and crispy fried onions. Trust me the crispy fried onions are a perfect pair with the egg salad and it makes such an easy and yummy breakfast! You can use Instant Pot or normal boiling method to prepare soft boiled eggs. I have mentioned both methods in the recipe below.
You can prepare and refrigerate the salad overnight to roll up Easy Breakfast wraps for your busy mornings. Use any good quality packaged crispy fried onions for this recipe, I have given direct Amazon links for some of the ingredients in the recipe so that you can buy them online.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Mission Gluten free tortillas– 2
- Thin Cucumber slices-6
- Large Eggs -3
- Shredded chicken breast(or left over Rotisserie)-1/2 cup (optional)
- Chopped Cilantro- 2 tbsp.
- Finely diced Green bell pepper-1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise(any king of your choice)-1/2 cup
- Salt- for seasoning
- Black pepper- 1/2 tsp.
- Crispy fried onions– 1/4- 1/2 cup
- To prepare Soft Boiled eggs-In a large sauce pan on medium heat, boil 3 cups water or directly add from the kettle,carefully immerse the eggs using a slotted spoon.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on medium heat and transfer the eggs into a large bowl filled with ice water. Let the eggs rest in the ice bath for 2 minutes.
- To soft boil eggs in Instant Pot– Place a steam rack/ trivet inside the inner pot, fill with 1 cup water and place the eggs on the rack. Close the IP lid and pressure cook for 4 minutes and use Quick Pressure Release to open the IP lid. Carefully transfer the eggs into a large bowl filled with ice water and peel the eggs after 2 minutes.
- Peel the eggs from the shells and scoop out the egg white and yolks into a small bowl. Don’t worry about perfect egg shape since you going to mix them up!
- Now add the fine shredded chicken pieces, chopped bell pepper, cilantro and mayo into the eggs and mix well using a spoon until well combined.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning and refrigerate the salad.
- To assemble the wraps-On a tortilla, place 3-4 thin cucumber slices, add a generous scoop of egg salad and sprinkle crispy fried onions.
- Carefully roll the tortilla and repeat the same for the next wrap.
- Cut the wraps into 2 and serve fresh or refrigerate the wraps tightly wrapped in Aluminum foil.
- Variation# You can use bacon bits instead of chicken in the salad. Jalapeño also goes well in the salad instead of bell pepper.
2 Comments Add yours
This is one I have to try, looks yummy and different.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I would say “Necessity is the mother of invention”😁