Fluffy omelette stuffed with sautéed mushrooms, onions, spinach and some shredded chicken served with a toasted french brioche and thin scrape of butter smeared on top!! Doesn’t that sound like a perfect weekend breakfast? For me its heaven and that too if it is a ‘breakfast on bed’ then it will make my day! 🙂
I have used Kerrygold butter for the toast coz of it’s rich buttery flavor.Once in a while you need that buttery indulgence to keep your taste buds happy!
In this recipe I have used some left over shredded chicken, you can also replace chicken with bacon bits, tofu or even ground beef.
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
- Finely sliced onions-1/4 cup
- Rinsed Baby spinach leaves-1 cup
- Sliced Button Mushrooms-1/2 cup
- Shredded chicken 1/2 cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Black Pepper ground-1 tsp
- Light olive oil- 1-2 tbsp. / Cooking spray
- Milk or heavy cream-1 tbsp.
- Shredded low fat mozzarella cheese- 1/4 cup
- Heat some oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, a dash of salt and pepper with a whisk and set aside.
- Now into the hot oil, add the sliced onions, mushrooms and spinach and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are soft and the spinach wilts. Add the shredded chicken, some salt and pepper and combine well.
- Transfer the stuffing into a dish and heat the same skillet on medium high.
- Lightly grease with some butter or cooking spray and pour the beaten eggs and spread them evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover the pan with a glass lid and let the eggs cook for about a minute or so until the bottom of the omelette is lightly browned.
- Now add the sautéed stuffing on to one half of the omelette along with some shredded cheese on top.
- Fold the other half of the omelette over the stuffing and turn off the heat. Let the stuffing and egg hold to each other and cook for few seconds before sliding onto the serving plate.
- Garnish with some chopped chives/cilantro and a thin scrape of butter.
- Enjoy the yummy omelette with your favorite toast or just like that!
- You can alter the stuffing with ingredients you have like bell peppers, tiny broccoli florets etc.