Delicious stack of fluffy gluten-free chocolate and vanilla pancakes with a generous drizzle of creamy peanut butter chocolate syrup and fresh strawberries.
Its such a yummy comfort breakfast and so easy to put together with simple ingredients.
Trust me! It tastes amazing almost like a light fluffy cake.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Gluten-free All purpose flour(King Arthur brand)- 1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder-1 tbsp.
- Salt-1 tsp
- Sugar-1 tbsp.
- Eggs(room temperature)-3
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder/chocolate protein powder-1-2 tbsp.
- Almond Milk-1 cup
For the syrup
- Creamy Peanut butter-3 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder-1 1/2 tsp
- Almond milk/Heavy cream-2-3 tbsp.
- Honey- 1 tsp
- To prepare the PB Chocolate syrup- In a small bowl, stir the cocoa powder, honey and peanut butter until well combined and mix the heavy cream to get the desired pouring consistency.
- To prepare the pancake batter- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, oil and vanilla and sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until the batter is smooth and lump free.
- Now divide the batter into 2 parts and to one part mix in 1 tbsp. cocoa powder/ chocolate protein powder and combine well.
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium high. Pour a 1/4 cup spoonful of each batter and cook for about 2 minutes covered with a glass lid.
- Flip the pancake when one side is lightly browned.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, leave them to warm for couple of minutes.
- Stack alternate layers of vanilla and chocolate pancakes on a serving plate.
- Pour a generous amount of chocolate syrup over the pancake stack and enjoy along with fresh strawberries.
- You can also try this with gluten free pancake(I would recommend Bob’s Red mill brand) mix if you don’t want to make from scratch.