South Indian style, spicy slow fried chicken gizzards and hearts marinated in fresh ground spices. Tastes absolutely amazing with Rice. Simple and easy recipe with very less ingredients.
Cuisine: South Indian
Course-: Side dish
Cooking time: 40 mins
- Cumin seeds- 3 tbsp.
- Black Pepper corns- 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Salt-1 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Minced garlic- 1 tbsp.
- Garam Masala(Indian all spice powder)- 1 tsp optional
- Chicken gizzards and hearts- 500g/ small packet
- Oil for frying
- Grind the cumin seeds, black pepper, salt and turmeric to fine powder.
- Marinate the gizzards in the spice powder and Garam masala for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet and add some oil about 3 tbsp.
- Saute minced garlic until light golden and add the marinated pieces.
- On medium heat fry for about 30 minutes, occasionally stirring in between.
- Once the gizzards turn golden brown and cooked through, you can add finely sliced onions or serve just like that garnished with chopped cilantro