Delightfully creamy homemade coconut ice cream with swirls of fresh raspberry coulis/syrup. Absolutely no eggs!
Coconut and raspberry to me is a ‘PAIR MADE IN HEAVEN’ !! I am sure you will also love it after trying this recipe.
Click this link to check my other dessert recipes. Check the link in ingredient list to see how to make Vegan Condensed Milk by Bigger Bolder Baking.
—-COCONUT ICECREAM WITH RASPBERRY SWIRLS—-
Preparation time: 25-30 mins
Refrigeration time: 6- 8 hours
- Chilled Coconut Milk/coconut cream- 13.6 fl oz/ medium sized can
- Vegan Condensed milk/ Low fat condensed milk- 14 oz
- Coconut extract-1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Fresh raspberries- 1 cup
- Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup/Honey- 2 tbsp
- Heavy cream- 3 cups [substitute with frozen bananas, for pure vegan icecream]
- Confectionery sugar- 1/4 cup
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Hershey’s strawberry sauce
- Rectangular Glass dish
- To prepare Raspberry compote- Mix the raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl and mash the berries well.
- Now transfer this mixture on a small stainless steel pan on medium heat along with 2 tbsp. water and maple syrup(honey).
- Keep stirring and cook until the raspberry mixture starts to boil for about 20 mins and gets thicker in consistency. Optional- You can also add a tsp of cornstarch to get desired thickness !
- Transfer the syrup to a glass or ceramic bowl and keep covered. Let it cool!
- To prepare the Coconut ice cream– In a small bowl add the thick cream part of the coconut milk (remove the water or liquid from the can and use only the thick coconut cream), condensed milk, coconut extract and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
coconut cream mixture
- In a separate big bowl, whip the cold heavy cream and confectionery sugar using hand mixer for about 10 minute until stiff peaks are formed.
whipped heavy cream
- Now carefully fold in the whipped heavy cream into the coconut mixture and combine well.(If you are using frozen bananas, cream them in a blender and fold into the coconut mixture)
- Transfer 1/4th of the above mixture into the glass dish and swirl some raspberry syrup ,alternate the ice cream mixture with the raspberry syrup and using a butter knife create some swirls.
Coconut raspberry swirl
- Chill the ice cream covered for at least 8 hours or overnight to get a firm texture.
- If you canot resist the temptation to dig in for a scoop, you can try after 6 hours of chilling to get a ‘soft serve’ consistency!
- When serving , use a ice cream scoop to serve generous scoops of ice cream into the serving bowl and top with fresh raspberry coulis or Hershey strawberry syrup or any desired topping.
- Tip#If you are using frozen bananas, chilling time is between 4 to 6 hours.