For all Beet lovers!! Cheesy glutenfree quesadilla filled with beetroot patty and fresh guacamole! Tastes amazingly delicious and filling.
Perfect as an appetizer or main course.
—-BEET & GUACAMOLE QUESADILLAS-—
Yield: 8 wedges
Cooking time: 15-20 min
- Gluten free Tortillas- 4
- Boiled and mashed Beetroot- 2 cups
- Boiled and mashed potatoes- 1 cup
- Ground black pepper-1-2 tsp
- Salt- 1-2 tsp
- All spice-1/2 tsp
- Ripe Avocadoes-2
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro-1/4 cup
- Shredded cheese(cheddar/mozzarella) or Vegan shredded cheese-2 cups
- Mix the mashed potatoes and beets with some salt, pepper and allspice powder.
- Make the mix into big patties and freeze them in an airtight container.
- Now prepare the guacamole, scoop out the avocado flesh into a small blender jar along with chopped cilantro, salt, lemon juice and pinch of black pepper. 1 or 2 Blitz is enough to get a creamy Guacamole. Store airtight in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the quesadilla.
- Lightly fry both sides of the beet patty in a non stick skillet with a touch of oil. Set aside on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Now onto a tortilla, add a generous amount of shredded cheese, then place the fried beetroot patty. Press the patty gently so that it fills the tortilla edges.
- Followed by few tbsp. of guacamole and another layer of shredded cheese and cover with the 2nd tortilla.
- Prepare the tortilla layers in this way. At this stage, you can also store them in zip-locks, refrigerate and grill them whenever you are ready to serve.
- To grill the quesadillas, you can use panini press, griddle, oven or a skillet.
- I have used a panini press here- Place the quesadilla into the press, and close the lid and set on medium high heat for about 10 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt down and seal the tortilla edges
- If using a skillet, add some butter or few drops of oil to brown both the sides of the quesadilla like how you make grilled cheese sandwich.
- If using oven, bake at 400 F for 8 mins or until the tortillas are lightly browned.
- Serve hot and crisp along with salsa, lemon wedges or ketchup!