Healthy vegetarian Indian dish consisting of cubed paneer(cottage cheese) pieces in a pureed spinach gravy seasoned with Indian spices and cream.
It is a very easy and delicious vegan side to have with rice, bread/Roti. I have used the frozen masala cubes in this recipe to reduce the cooking time.
recipe] —-PALAK PANEER/ COTTAGE CHEESE IN SPINACH GRAVY—-
Cuisine: South Indian
Course: Side Dish
Cooking time: 12-15 mins
- Cubed Paneer pieces- 3 cups
- Green Spinach leaves- 3 cups
- Masala cubes– 3-4
- Ginger Garlic cubes-1 or 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Light olive oil- 1 tsp.
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Small Green chillies- 3
- Salt-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Half Lemon squeezed
- Heavy cream- 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala (All spice)- 2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp.
- Blend the spinach and green chilies to a smooth puree.
- In a large non stick pan, heat some oil and lightly fry the paneer cubes and then transfer them onto a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Into the same pan add the ginger garlic cubes and masala cubes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the masala melts down, add salt, black pepper,turmeric, coriander powder, lemon juice and garam masala. Mix well for about 5 minutes and once the oil starts to separate from the masala, add the green puree on medium heat and combine well.
- Now add the pureed spinach and chilly paste.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream to the gravy on low heat and combine well for about a min.
- Now add the fried paneer pieces into the green gravy. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro or a drizzle of heavy cream.
- Tip# You can also substitute Paneer with Tofu in this same recipe.[/recipe]