Forget the oven and cake mixers! These indulging brownies are easy to make and have a moist fudgy texture. Made in Instant Pot Duo Mini(3 qt). If you don’t have an IP, you can use the same recipe to bake in an oven.
Use good quality dark chocolate for the rich color and goodness of antioxidants.
—Instant Pot Dark Chocolate Brownie
Yield: 5 servings
Cooking time: 30 mins
- All purpose flour(/Gluten free flour)-3/4cup
- Unsalted butter-6 tbsp
- Fine sugar-1cup
- Greek yogurt – 2 tbsps
- Baking powder- 1 1/4 tsp
- Soda Bicarb- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Lindt Dark Chocolate(78%)- 5 oz
- Eggs(at room temp)-3
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder-1 tbsp.
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces for quick melting.
- Heat some water in a saucepan and keep a glass bowl on top of it and melt chocolate and butter till it combines together with a glossy texture.
- Once the melted chocolate is cooled to room temp, combine with sugar using a whisk.
- Now mix in the yogurt and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture.
- Once combined,beat in the eggs one at a time using the whisk.
- Now sift in the flour, cocoa, soda bicarb and salt into the bowl and gently fold into the batter.
- You will get a thick smooth batter. If you like to add chopped walnuts/chocolate chunks, now is the time to add. Note: Do not overmix which will result in hard brownies !
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and cover using a foil sheet making sure top edges of the tin are sealed.
- Now add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the IP and keep the trivet inside.Make sure the steam release handle is in ‘Sealing’ position.
- Make foil strips to use as sling to lift the cake tin out of IP.
- Using the foil sling lower the cake tin onto the trivet inside the IP.Keep the foil strips folded down to prevent contact with the lid.
- Close the IP lid and set ‘pressure cook’ mode for 25 minutes on high pressure.
- Once done, open the lid after the 10 min Natural Pressure Release(NPR).Check the doneness of the brownie using toothpick test. If not done keep for another 3 mins on pressure cooker setting and check again using Quick Pressure release.
- Keep the brownie to cool and then cut and serve just like that or top the brownie with a chocolate ganache and serve once cooled completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!😍