This silky smooth coconut flavored flan is an all-time crowd pleaser! A super easy & delectable dessert, made in Instant Pot Duo Mini, took me just 15 minutes on high pressure, which is less than the usual baking time. This is a Gluten- free dessert too so you can enjoy guilt free! 🙂
Yield: 6 servings
Cooking time: 20-25 mins
- Coconut Milk- 5.4 fl oz
- Evaporated milk- 12 fl oz
- Fine Sugar-1cup
- Vanilla extract- 2 tsp
- Coconut extract- 2 tsp
- 2% Milk- 1 cup
- Fat free Condensed milk- 14 oz
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Shredded Coconut
- 6″ Aluminum cake tin/ flan mold
- Fine mesh strainer
- To prepare the Caramel Syrup-In a saucepan/ the same aluminum cake tin, over medium heat, add the sugar and allow it to melt and reach a medium amber color syrup consistency. Make sure you don’t stir in between and babysit this process for 5 mins)
- Once the caramel is done, remove from heat(to prevent burning) and swirl the cake tin to fully cover the bottom.
- Now pour all the other liquid ingredients, vanilla and coconut extracts, salt and eggs into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture through the mesh strainer into the prepared cake tin and cover using a foil.
- Add 2 cups water into the IP inner pot and place the trivet.
- Now use a foil sling to lower the cake tin onto the trivet inside the IP. Keep the foil strips folded down to prevent contact with the lid.
- Cover the IP with the lid and turn the steam handle to sealing position and set the pressure cook mode for 15 mins on high pressure.
- Open the IP lid using Natural Pressure Release. Carefully take out the flan tin and check the doneness. If its cooked through, let it cool to room temp and then refrigerate.(If you think the flan is not fully cooked keep for another 1 min on high pressure and open using NPR) Tastes better when chilled overnight!
- To unmold the flan, turn the flan tin upside down and set it on top of the serving plate and hold the plate and flan tin firmly together and then shake it firmly. Now gently lift the tin and there you have your fabulous dessert! Best had when chilled overnight.
- Serve the flan cold, drizzled with some caramel syrup and shredded coconut sprinkled on top.
- Tip# Substitute coconut milk in this recipe with mango puree to create a Mango Flan.