Light and fat-free cake for all occasions. Made with less than 5 Ingredients! This cake can be used as a base for many dessert recipes like White Forest Cake and tastes absolutely delicious.
—-ANGEL FOOD CAKE
Yield: 5-6 servings
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Egg whites(room temp)-6
- Confectionery Sugar- 1 cup
- Gluten-free All purpose flour-1/2 cup + 2 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl beat all the egg whites till they become fluffy.
- Slowly add the sugar in small batches until stiff glossy peaks are formed.
- Make sure the bowl and whisk you use for beating eggs are clean, dry and refrigerated before hand.
- Add vanilla extract to the egg white mixture.
- Gently fold in small portions of flour to the egg whites mixture and keep doing until all the flour is folded into the batter.
- Quickly transfer the batter into a removable bottom cake tin. Do not grease the tin for this recipe.
- Bake for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake upside down.
- Run a knife gently along the sides and bottom of the cake pan to remove the cake.
- Use your favorite frosting on the cake or serve just like that with berries and whip cream.