Guilt free ‘melt in your mouth’ cookies which are basically scoops of chocolate, walnut and egg white mixture baked to get a cracked shiny texture outside and chewy inside.Absolutely no oil or flour and tastes so good like brownies!
—-GLUTEN FREE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WALNUT COOKIES
Yield: 14-15 servings
Cooking time: 12-15 mins
- Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
- Confectionary Sugar- 1 1/2 cup
- Semi sweet Mini chocolate chips- 1/2 cup
- Egg whites-2
- Finely chopped walnuts- 1 cup
- Corn starch- 2 tsp
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line 2 cookie pans with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- In a large bowl, sift in the dry ingredients-sugar,cornstarch cocoa powder and salt.
- Now using a hand mixer beat in the egg whites ,vanilla into the dry mixture.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips using a spatula. You will have a sticky cookie dough more like a brownie batter consistency.
- Using 2 spoons or a cookie scoop, drop small lemon sized batter onto the pans and bake for about 12 mins or until the cookies rise and crack on the top with a shiny crust.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack and enjoy along with a glass of cold milk!