Kick start your mornings with this healthy vegan drink made using organic matcha tea, apple and almond milk with a swirl of fat-free whipped cream or coconut whipped cream. It is a quick and easy recipe and tastes absolutely delicious.
You can also freeze this drink in an ice cube tray. On those busy mornings, just throw few cubes into a blender along with some frozen bananas to get a rich and creamy Matcha smoothie(GRAB N GO BREAKFAST).
——MATCHA APPLE SHAKE——
Yield: 1-2 serving
Cooking time: 5-10 mins
- Organic Matcha green tea powder- 2 Tsp
- Honey- 2 Tsp
- Sweetened Almond Milk(Silk)- 2 cups
- Vanilla extract(optional)- a splash
- Peeled and Cut Red apple-1
- Coconut Whipped Cream or any Fat- free whipped cream
- In a small bowl mix together the matcha powder, honey and few tbsp. of milk until well combined.
- Now in a blender, throw ice cubes, apple pieces, matcha mix and the almond milk and blend together for about a minuter or two.
- Pour into a cold glass with a swirl of your favorite whipped cream and dust some matcha powder on the top.
- There you have, your healthy GREEN SHAKE!
- Tip# You can adjust the amount of honey or use sweetened almond milk to get the desired sweetness.
- To make Coconut whipped cream– With a hand mixer or whisk (use chilled bowl and whisk attachment), whip together 1 cup thick coconut cream, 2 tsp cane sugar or honey and a splash of vanilla for about 5 mins or until stiff peaks are formed. Use as needed and refrigerate the remaining whipped cream in an airtight container.