Easy and delicious recipe with no preservatives or artificial colors. Instant Pot friendly recipe! This preserve is absolutely good on PB&J sandwiches for breakfast!
Yield- 8 servings
Cooking time- 30 mins
- Fresh cut, hulled strawberries- 4 cups
- Fine cane sugar-1 1/2 cups
- Lemon juice-1/2 cup
- Wash and clean the strawberries thoroughly.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar and strawberries and let it sit for about 10 mins.
- Into a heavy bottom stainless steel sauce pan/ IP on sauté mode, transfer the strawberry mixture along with the lemon juice.
- Cook on low heat(sauté mode in IP) for about 20 mins until the berries release juices and sugar dissolves and the mixture starts slow boil. Stir in between.
- Mix well with a spatula and mash the berries lightly leaving tiny chunks in the mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon, turn off the heat(press cancel button on IP)
- Make sure you have prep the canning jars/glass jars for storing the preserve.
- Glass jar should be hot and sterilized and dry.
- Transfer the preserve into the jars and make sure its air tight.
- Store in cool dry place or refrigerate and use.
- This strawberry preserve will stay fresh for about 1-2 months.