Absolute best Dark magic! Moist and rich chocolate cake.
Course: Dessert Cuisine: American Yield:14-16 servings
Cooking time: 30 mins
- All purpose flour-1 1/2cup
- Veg oil-1/2 cup
- Hot black coffee-3/4 cup
- Milk/Buttermilk – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder- 1 1/4 tsp
- Soda Bicarb- 1 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Fine Sugar- 1 3/4 cup
- Eggs(at room temp)-2
- Vanilla extract- 2 tsps
- Unsweetned Cocoa powder-1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder,soda bicarb,cocoa,sugar and salt.
- Now make a small well in the center using spatula.
- Add the eggs,oil,vanilla and milk.
- Mix the batter using hand mixer or by hand until well combined.
- Do not overmix!
- Lastly add the hot coffee and fold gently using a spatula.
- Batter will be quite runny which is normal.
- Pour it into a 13 x 9″ pan or 2 8″pans
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack and then frost with your favorite frosting or serve with whipped cream.
- This cake works well for Black Forest Recipe too!