Moist chocolate and vanilla marble butter cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
Course-Dessert Cuisine-American Yield-8-10 servings
Cooking time- 30 mins
- Room temp butter- 1/2 cup
- Veg oil-1/4 cup
- All purpose flour-1 3/4 cup
- Milk/buttermilk – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 1 1/2cup
- Room temp eggs-3
- Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
- Dark Cocoa powder-2 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter,oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Now add the vanilla extract.
- Alternate the flour mixture and milk into the bowl while mixing the batter continuously.
- Divide the batter into 2 parts, to one part add 2 tbsp good quality cocoa powder and mix well.
- In the prepared loaf pan, pour the chocolate batter and vanilla batter and swirl a butter knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack and then frost with chocolate butter cream frosting or your favorite icing.