Sautéed mushrooms, potatoes and peas in a mild tomato cashew gravy.
Course: Side dish Cuisine: Indian Yield:16 servings
Preparation Time:10 min Cooking Time:20 min
- Green peas-1 cup
- Sliced Button mushrooms-1 cup
- Diced potatoes-1/2 cup
- Green chili-2
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Diced tomatoes-2 cups
- Minced garlic-1 tbsp.
- Salt-2 tsps.
- Pepper-1 tsp
- Cashew paste-1-2 tbsps.
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder-1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder-1/2 tbsp.
- Garam masala-1 1/2 tsps.
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-4-5
- Coconut oil/veg oil-2 tbsps.
- Chopped cilantro leaves-1 tbsp.
- Cook the potatoes and peas in boiling water and drain and keep them aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Pop some mustard seeds and curry leaves in the oil.
- Add the minced garlic,1 tsp ginger garlic paste and once golden brown add the diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some salt and turmeric and sauté tomatoes till thoroughly cooked.
- Add the spice powders and sauté well till oil separates from the masala.
- Now add the mushroom and mix well. Cover and cook for about 5 mins.
- Soak some cashews in hot water for about 5 mins. Once the cashews are soft drain the water.
- Grind the soft cashews with heavy cream to make a thick cashew paste. Make sure it doesn’t have any lumps.
- Add this cashew paste into the. masala and mix well.
- Now add the potatoes and peas and let them cook for about 5 mins on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and garnish with some cilantro and serve hot.