One of my favorite spice cake made from scratch frosted with cream cheese frosting and studded with chopped walnuts. Adding raisins to this cake makes it even yummy. It is an easy ‘one bowl’ recipe and uses oil instead of butter which keeps this cake moist for long without over drying.Who doesn’t love some cinnamon goodness during Fall(or anytime of the year if you are like me😀)
—–PUMPKIN SPICE CAKE——
Cooking Time:30 minutes
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Pumpkin puree-1 cup
- Vegetable oil/Canola oil-1/2 cup
- Large eggs-2
- Granulated sugar-1 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Raisins-1/2 cup
- Chopped walnuts- 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Prep the baking pan with parchment liner or baking spray.
- Beat the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree and sugar to light creamy consistency.
- Add the vanilla extract into this.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture in small batches.
- While adding the last batch flour mixture, gently fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- You can use traditional cheese frosting on this cake.