Quick and tasty South Indian vegetable side dish.
Course-: Side dish Cuisine-: Indian Yield-: 4-5 servings
Cooking Time:25 minutes
- Ladies finger/Okra-15-20
- Thin Sliced onion-1/2 cup
- Sliced shallots-2
- Chopped garlic-1 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 stem
- Black Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Coconut oil/Cooking spray- 2 tbsp.
- Mixed sprouts(beans and chickpeas)-1 cup
- Salt- 1-2 tsps.
- Pepper-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder(Indian spice powder)-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1/2 tsp
- Cook the mixed sprouts with some salt and turmeric and keep aside.
- Clean the ladies fingers and cut into thin slices
- Heat some coconut oil in a non stick pan and pop the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Sauté the shallots, onion and chopped garlic.
- Add the ladies finger slices and mix well.
- Add salt and the other spices and keep sautéing on medium heat.
- Close the pan and keep cooking for about 15 mins.
- Now add the mixed sprouts and mix well
- Close the pan and cook for another 10 mins on medium heat.
- Check the salt and spice and remove from heat
- Serve hot with Roti or white rice.