Meatless recipe but loaded with protein and trust me, you’ll love every bite of this yummy fried rice.
—-Quinoa Fried Rice—-
Course: Main course
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Quinoa- 1 cup
- Shredded carrots- 1 cup
- Finely chopped onion- 1/2 cup
- Garlic chopped- 1 tbsp.
- Chopped ginger- 1 tsp
- Cooked green peas- 1/2 cup
- Cooked black beans- 1/2 cup
- Salt- 2 tsps.
- Turmeric powder(optional)- 1 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Lemon- 1/2
- Olive oil- 2 tbsps.
- Add 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water with a drop of oil in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until quinoa is tender about 15 minutes.
- Drain the excess water.
- To make veg stir-fry, in a pan heat some olive oil.
- Sauté garlic, onions, and ginger with a tsp of salt.
- Add some turmeric powder and shredded carrots and sauté well till they are almost cooked and onions turn light brown.
- Now add the black beans and green peas into this with some pepper.
- You can add some mixed spices according to your taste.
- Check salt in between.
- Once the veg mixture is cooked add the quinoa into this with a squeeze of half lemon and mix well.
- Serve hot !!