Soft and crispy flour tortillas filled with cheesy savory meat and veg mixture.
Best and easy dinner ever!! You can change main filling according to your taste with black beans, chicken, beef or even shredded cottage cheese.
Course- main course Cuisine- Mexican Yield- 8 pieces
Cooking Time- 10 minutes Preparation Time- 15 min Total Time-25 minutes
- Green bell pepper- 1/2
- Onion chopped- 1 cup
- Garlic chopped- 1 tbsp.
- Cooked chicken or beef- 2 cups
- Tomato chopped- 1/2 cup
- Green chilli- 2 numbers
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Shredded cheese- 1 cup
FOR FLOUR TORTILLA
- All purpose flour- 1.5 Cups
- Salt- 1 pinch
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp.
- Warm water- 1/2 Cup
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Firstly make dough for the tortillas using given ingredients manually or using a food processor.
- Divide the dough equally and make round balls.
- Cover them using a cling wrap and let it sit for few minutes.
- Now roll them to thin roti size and cook them on a hot pan.
- Turn sides to get a golden brown color.
- Wrap the tortillas in a dish cloth and transfer to a airtight container.
- Now for the filling… we already have cooked meat( with pepper and salt ).
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté the onions and garlic.
- Once they turn light golden color add the bell peppers and tomatoes and sauté well.
- The veggies should be crisp and not too cooked.
- Now add meat pieces to this mixture and mix well.
- Add all the spices mentioned above and salt as needed.
- Let the filling be warm.
- Top one flour tortilla with shredded cheese and put the meat mixture, again some cheese and cover with another tortilla.
- Now in a hot griddle/pan place the quesadilla carefully and let the cheese inside melt.
- Turn the sides and once its crispy serve on to a plate.
- Cut the quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve along with sour cream and salsa.