These melt in mouth chocolate and cranberry loaded beauties are one of the perfect chocolate chip cookies to have with milk. It has a soft and chewy texture with a hint of tartness from the dried cranberries and goodness of Lindt dark chocolate chunks. Absolutely Gluten-free recipe!
You can also use dried cherries or raisins to replace cranberries in this recipe.
You can also check the recipe for my fudgy and decadent Flourless Chocolate Walnut cookies by clicking the above link.
Baking time: 10-13 min
- King Arthur Gluten free All purpose flour-1 1/4 cup
- Unsalted Butter(room temp)-1/2 cup
- Light brown sugar-1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar-1/2 cup
- Egg(room temp)-1
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp.
- Vanilla extract-1/4 tsp.
- Chopped Dark Chocolate chunks(Lindt)-1 cup
- Chocolate chips-1/2 cup
- Dried Cranberries-1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350deg F and line your baking trays with parchment or silicon baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the soft butter and sugars for about 2 mins to a pale smooth mixture using a whisk or electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla and egg.
- Now sift in the flour, baking soda and salt, gradually combining using the mixer until well incorporated. Make sure you do not over mix the dough!
- Now stir in your chocolate chunks/chocolate chips and cranberries using a wooden spatula as it needs a good amount of elbow grease!
- Cover the dough in a zip lock or cling wrap and chill for about 15 mins.
- Scoop medium sized cookie dough balls and drop in to the lined pan leaving enough room for the cookies to expand. (About 5-6 cookies on a large baking tray)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies until light golden and chocolate starts to melt.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes before serving.
- You can chill rest of the cookie dough in a zip lock and use as needed.
- TIPS FOR BEST COOKIES: Always use chilled cookie dough for the soft and chewy texture.
- Use room temp butter to avoid flat cookies.
- Make sure you use fresh baking soda(no expired ones).
- To get brittle cookies, bake for an extra 3 minutes or so.
- You can alter the cookie by adding mini chocolate chips, M&Ms, chopped walnuts, pecans etc. into the dough. Endless variations!