Start your day (specially rainy days) with this healthy and tasty cereal porridge topped with fresh strawberry sauce. I have used ‘Mighty tasty Hot Cereal’ by Bobs Red mill which is made from freshly milled whole grain brown rice, corn, buckwheat and sorghum.
It is an absolutely wonderful breakfast to replace the usual toasts, cereals and oatmeal. I have used almond milk for this recipe. You can replace with any kind of vegan or full fat milk.
——–HOT CEREAL WITH STRAWBERRY SAUCE——
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Mighty tasty hot cereal-1 cup
- Almond milk-1 1/2 cups
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1 tbsp. (optional)
- Maple Syrup/Honey-2 tbsp.
- Fresh hulled Strawberries- 1cup
- Sugar-1 tsp.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups Almond milk to boil and lower the heat, add salt and dry cereal.
- Stir occasionally and cook for about 8 minutes or until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in a splash of vanilla.
- Meanwhile in a blender, blend the strawberries and honey to a fine puree. Strain the puree through a fine mesh.
- Top the warm cereal porridge with the strawberry sauce and some almonds/shredded coconut.
- Enjoy hot or warm!