Chicken and bell pepper stir fry with Indian spices and my ‘Make Ahead’ onion tomato masala cubes. It is such an easy and yummy dry Chicken side dish and my ‘GO TO’ recipe for lazy days! 😉 Using Frozen masala cubes and Ginger garlic cubes makes it is so easy to prepare this dish in less time. Just throw everything into a large pan and cook, NO OVERNIGHT MARINATION/CUTTING & CHOPPING! Click on the link to see how to make Frozen curry base and ginger garlic cubes(Or check the ‘Kitchen Tips & Tricks’ section of my Blog menu)
—-QUICK CHICKEN BELLPEPPER MASALA(STIR FRY)
Cuisine: South Indian
Course: Side Dish
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Clean and cut small chicken pieces(skinless, bone in)- 1 lb
- Masala cubes– 3
- Ginger Garlic cubes-2
- Salt-1 tsp
- Black pepper powder(Optional)- 1 tsp
- Half Lemon squeezed
- Garam Masala(All spice)- 1 tsp
- Green Bell Pepper cut into small juliennes- 1/2 cup
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add the ginger garlic cubes and once it starts melting. and oil separates, add the onion masala cubes(thawed for 5 mins/ from freezer).
- Keep stirring until the cubes melt down and the masala mixture is ready. You can add extra oil if needed.
- Now add the clean cut chicken pieces into the melted masala.
- Stir well and makes sure all the chicken pieces are coated in the onion masala. Keep on medium heat, uncovered and stir occasionally.
- Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the remaining liquid starts to evaporate. Stir in between to prevent chicken from getting browned.
- Finally add the bell pepper slices/ juliennes (add them towards the end to retain their color) and let it cook along with the chicken for about 3 mins and absorb its flavors.
- Once done, add some Garam Masala and Black pepper and mix well. I like it a little spicy, but you can alter the amount of spice according to your taste.
- Serve hot along with Naan, Roti or your favorite main course.
- Tip# If you prefer boneless chicken, try using small boneless chicken thigh pieces, it will not take much cooking time.