This is a perfect evening snack with tea or a light appetizer.Easy and low calorie recipe.
Course: Snack Cuisine: American Yield: 8 servings
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Zucchini grated-1
- Corn starch/flour- 3 tbsp.
- Gluten-free All-purpose flour- 1/4 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder- 1tsp
- Light olive oil/Canola oil-2 tbsp. or use cooking spray
- Shredded Cheese- 1/4 cup
- Minced Garlic-1 tsp
- Chopped Green chilly(optional)-2
- Mix the grated zucchini and salt well and let it sit for 5 mins until all the salt is absorbed and the zucchini releases water.
- Take some paper towel/ cheese cloth to wrap the grated zucchini and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Now in a large bowl, mix rest of the ingredients along with the zucchini and combine well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or a nonstick pan and use a cooking spray(I have used PAM cooking spray).
- Once the pan is hot, use an icecream scoop to scoop the batter into the pan and when it turns golden brown, flip the sides.
- Fry all the fritters and place them onto a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot as a snack along with tea or as an appetizer.