Light and sweet muffins made using corn meal and buttermilk. These muffins go well with spicy chili or had just like that.
I have used King Arthur Gluten-free All purpose flour in this recipe but you can use any brand of your choice. The same batter can be used to make cornbread by baking in a 8″ square pan.
Yield: 5 servings
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Corn meal-1 cup
- Gluten Free-All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Fine sugar-1/2 cup
- Egg– 1
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Vegetable oil/Canola oil- 1/4 cup
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- First mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl using a big whisk.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry and mix gently.
- Do not over mix the batter!
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tin using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 min. Once done, cool on a wire rack for 10 mins and serve.
- These muffins taste best when served warm, smeared with some butter on top.
- Store in an airtight container and when needed, microwave them for about 30 seconds and serve.