A healthy, quick and easy recipe made in Instant Pot Duo Mini 3QT.Its a very mild soup like curry. Goes well with Rice. I have used ginger garlic cubes in this recipe to speed up the cooking time.
Course: Side dish Cuisine: Indian Yield: 4-5 servings
Cooking time: 8-10 mins
- Moong Dal(Yellow lentil)-3/4 cup
- Baby Spinach- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp.
- Tomato finely diced- 1
- Ginger garlic cube- 1 Tsp
- Black Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 2-3 cups
- Salt- 1-2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Asafoetida/ Hing (optional)- 1/4 Tsp
- Chopped Cilantro
- Garam Masala/ Indian All spice- 1 Tsp
- Wash the lentils thoroughly and keep them drained.
- Keep the Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Once hot, add oil and butter. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they start spluttering, add the chopped onions and ginger garlic cube.
- When the onions become soft, add turmeric, salt, hing and black pepper along with few tbsp. of water and cook for another 2 minutes.
- When oil separates from the masala, add the lentils and 2 cups water into the inner pot.
- Close the IP lid and keep the steam release handle to Sealing position. Set the ‘Pressure cook’ mode for 4 minutes.
- Once done, open the lid using quick release. Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute. Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency.
- Now add the spinach leaves and diced tomatoes and pressure cook for another 2 minutes and once done, open the lid using quick release.
- If the curry is too thick, add little water to get required consistency.
- Sprinkle some garam masala and chopped cilantro and serve along with rice or Roti.