One of my ‘Go-to’ dinner recipe for those cold rainy days. IP friendly recipe! Citrus flavored chicken thighs with a touch of herbs. The first half of the cooking I have used Instant Pot and the 2nd half was done using a cast iron skillet in the oven, for the even browning and baking of the chicken and potatoes.
Course:Main course Cuisine: American Yield: 2 servings
Cooking Time:30 mins
- Chicken thighs(skin on and boneless) -2
- Lemon juice-2-3 tbsp.
- Low sodium Chicken broth- 1/2 cup
- Lemon slices-2-3
- Dried Oregano-1 tbsp
- Dried Parsley-1 tbsp
- Dried Rosemary-1 tbsp
- Thyme-1 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper-1 tsp
- Garlic clove minced-2
- Chopped cilantro- 2 tbsps
- Extra virgin olive Oil
- Baby Creamer Potatoes-6-7
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub the chicken thighs with sea salt, black pepper and little lemon juice.
- Keep the Instant Pot on sauté mode, heat some oil and place the chicken, skin side down.
- Turn the chicken sides after 5 mins.
- Cover the IP with a glass lid and cook the chicken half way through till some juices come out and skin gets lightly caramelized.
- Add half of the chicken broth while roasting the chicken.
- Now carefully remove the chicken to a baking dish/cast iron skillet.
- Add a tsp butter in the same IP inner pot and sauté some onion slices. Once they are lightly browned, deglaze the pot with rest of the broth and add all the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, lemon slices and potatoes into it. Stir and cook for 3 minutes until all the chicken flavor infuses into the mixture. Add the chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Now transfer this mixture over the chicken thighs in the Skillet/Bakeware. Make sure potatoes are well coated with herbs.
- Cover the bakeware/skillet with a foil and poke some holes and place in the oven to bake for about 20 mins or until the chicken is brown and potatoes are baked evenly.
- If you are using a cast iron skillet, transfer the skillet directly from oven to the stovetop after 15 mins to speed up the roasting process.
- Serve warm !