Super Easy ,Rich and mild Indian curry made with spices and coconut cream in Instant Pot Duo Mini.
I have used carrots, potatoes and green peas in this curry but you can use veggies of your choice like broccoli, beans, mushrooms etc.
Its a healthy way to incorporate veggies to your diet.
—-Vegetable Coconut Curry—-
Course: Main Course
Cooking time:15 mins
- Diced Carrots- 2 cups
- Frozen green peas-1 cup
- Big potato diced into medium size pieces-1
- Cardamom pods-3
- Bay leaf-1
- Red Onion sliced-1
- Light Olive Oil/Coconut oil- 2 tbsp
- Ginger and garlic minced- 1 tbsp
- Tomato chopped-1
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder-2 tsp
- Garam Masala/Indian All spice- 1 tsp
- Salt-2 tsp/ as per taste
- Water-1 cup
- Chopped Cilantro
- Coconut cream-2 tbsp
- Wash and cut the vegetable and keep them aside.
- Keep the IP on sauté mode set for 15 minutes.
- Once the inner pot is hot drizzle some oil and add cloves,bay leaves, cardamom and stir for a minute.
- Now add ginger garlic and sauté for a minute until the raw smell leaves.
- Time to add the sliced onions along with salt and turmeric. Sauté for about 3 minutes or until onions are slightly translucent.
- Now add the tomato paste and mix well followed by the spice powders. To make sure the masala doesn’t stick to the pot, add 2 tbsp. hot water and let the onion tomato masala cook until the oil separates. You can close the IP with a glass lid for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the vegetables and 1 cup warm water and mix well. Set the IP on pressure cooker mode for 3 minutes.
- When time is up open using Quick Release and check the doneness of veggies.
- Now set the sauté mode and mix in the coconut cream to the curry and stir gently. Check the taste and add salt as needed. If the gravy is too thick add some hot water to reach desired consistency.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and a pinch of garam masala and serve hot or on ‘Keep warm’ setting in IP.