Healthy and nutrient rich creamy soup which can replace a meal. Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins, iron and a good source of magnesium which is an anti stress mineral.
Course: Starter Cuisine: Indian Yield-:8 servings
Cooking Time: 30minutes
- Sweet potato-1 large diced
- Chopped carrots-1cup
- Onion-1 medium
- Chopped ginger and garlic-2 tbsp.
- Chopped cilantro-2 tbsp.
- Fine Pepper powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Cumin powder-1 tsp
- lemon juice-1tsp
- All spice-1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper-1 tsp(optional)
- Heavy cream-1 tbsp.
- Water/stock water- 2 cups
- Heat a cast iron skillet.
- Add some butter and sauté onions, chopped garlic and ginger till onions are slightly translucent.
- Roast the sweet potato pieces and carrots along with the onions
- Add spices, lemon juice, pepper and salt and water.
- Add some cilantro.
- Cover the skillet and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and keep on simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in between and check if the potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Once cooked well, remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Blend the mixture in a food processor or blender to fine puree.
- Now transfer the puree to the skillet on low flame.
- Season to taste and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with bread sticks or toast.