Coffee, chocolate and vanilla flavors marbled into a moist cake. The best way to treat both your coffee and chocolate craving together in one cake! My husband and I just fell more in love with every bite into this cake. It gives a feeling of drinking Coffee. 🙂
Course-Dessert Cuisine-American Yield-8 servings
Cooking Time- 30min Preparation Time-15 min
- All-purpose flour- 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder- 2 tsps.
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 1cup
- Greek yogurt- 1cup
- Butter- 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp.
- Large eggs- 3
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Instant coffee- 1 tbsp.
- Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Prepare you cake tin with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, oil and sugar.
- Slowly add eggs one by one and continue beating.
- Add the yogurt and vanilla extract and mix cream for another 1 min.
- Now in another bowl sift in flour, salt and baking powder.
- Put the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- Divide this white batter into 3 bowls.(Let the vanilla batter remain in the same bowl)
- CHOCOLATE BATTER
- In a small glass bowl, combine cocoa powder with 2 tbsps hot water to form a paste.
- Mix the divided white batter with this cocoa paste to get chocolate batter.
- Gently fold in and do not over mix, batter might get hard.
- COFFEE BATTER
- In another small glass bowl, combine instant coffee with 1 tbsp hot water.
- Add the white batter to this coffee mixture and combine well.
- Once the 3 batters are poured in the cake tin like splash of colors, take a butter knife and swirl it through the batter making some zigzag or S patterns.
- Wipe the knife clean in between.
- Bake for about 30 mins. Check in between once after 20 min, if a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for about 20 min, once out of the oven. Serve just like that or with your favorite frosting.